Do you wake up in the morning and dread going to work? Perhaps you’re frustrated because you know you’re not living your purpose?
I feel you, my friend. I’ve been there. That's why I started Pop Your Career.
I know what it’s like to be in a soul-sucking work environment and to feel like there’s no way out. On the flip side, I’ve also worked in roles where I’ve flourished. I’ve developed long-lasting relationships, felt connected to the work I was doing and have come home each day knowing I achieved something.
I know which I’d prefer. And if I took a stab in the dark, I reckon I’d guess which you’d prefer, too.
I’m Rebecca McFarland, but you can call me Bec - that’s what most of my friends call me. I’ll save the boring details about my qualifications and experience for later (they’re down the bottom of the page if you’re interested). What you need to know is that I am committed to guiding you through getting clear about your career goals and then helping you slay them.
So what’s it like working with me?
Well, although I often refer to myself as a Career Coach, my approach is a combination of coaching and consulting. A coach helps you to find the answers within yourself, whereas a consultant tells you what to do and how to do it. I like to blend the two.
I know when to be soft and empathetic. I also know when to be a hard-ass and employ a “take no prisoners” approach. I will push you. I will ask the hard questions. But I will also give you space to think, reflect and download, as well as advice, guidance, tools and resources to help you move forward.
HERE'S WHAT SOME OF MY CLIENTS HAVE SAID ABOUT ME:
I signed up with Pop Your Career hoping to get some more direction and certainty for my career. What I got was a whole life makeover! Over three sessions, Bec helped me focus my attention on not just career satisfaction, but life satisfaction. I finished my sessions with more confidence, clarity and most importantly calmness about my career and work life balance. I can't recommend Bec more highly.
Rebecca was very helpful and gave me honest and useful feedback on my interview technique. She was able to put me in the shoes of the people interviewing me, so I could understand how to come across in the best possible way. She showed me better ways to present my work history, both in my CV and during an interview, to make it easier for me to show I had relevant skills and experience for the roles I wanted. Thanks for your help, Bec!
Want to take a bit more of a peek behind the curtain?
I’m an open book. If there’s something you want to know, go ahead and ask. In the meantime, here are a few semi-interesting facts about me:
- I am a hard-core introvert, but I love people and thrive on connection. (I am an INFJ in Myers-Briggs and an S in DISC)
- I have a wicked sense of humour, but I don’t know any jokes. My humour tends to be a little daggy, but I own it.
- I got married to the love of my life in 2014. Our wedding was magical and I wish we could do it again!
- We have two dogs (Backup and Jasper), a bearded dragon (Jub-Jub) and an axolotl (Joey), who make up our happy little family.
- I love Mexican food, coconut and anything sweet, but I’m gluten-free, dairy-free and onions make me sick, so I’m a bundle of joy at a dinner party.
- I enjoy laughing out loud, even though a lot of the time I'm quiet, observing what's happening around me.
- I am incredibly loyal, but if someone crosses me, I don’t stick around to let them explain.
- I am super family-oriented, but my husband and I don’t want children (aside from our fur-babies!).
- I am practical and value actionable steps, but I also adore my essential oils, tarot cards and crystals.
I also swear a lot (usually only behind the scenes!), hate washing dishes, think afternoon naps are a necessity and really know my stuff when it comes to careers.
And how about that boring stuff?
You got it. Here’s my official profile:
Rebecca McFarland, the owner of Pop Your Career, is an experienced human resources practitioner, manager, DISC ADVANCED® consultant and facilitator, trainer and coach. With over 10 years of experience in the industry, Rebecca has held various roles in human resources management, agency recruitment and in-house recruitment, within corporate businesses, small to medium enterprises and the Australian Public Service.
Rebecca holds several qualifications including Diplomas in Human Resources Management, Management, and Business, a Certificate IV in Training and Development and a DISC ADVANCED® Accreditation.
Want to get started working together?
No probs! You can check out my Pop Your Career offerings here.
Wanna get to know me a little more first? That’s cool, too. I’m not for everyone. You can jump onto my email newsletter list here – as a bonus, you’ll also get access to The Career Club, which is a secret portal full of valuable content to help you kick butt in your career.
Want to hear more from my previous clients? No trouble - you can view more of my client testimonials here.